The 2019 National Latino HIV and Hepatitis C Conference aims to create opportunities to share information and efforts around HIV and Hepatitis C in the Latino population by bridging the varied disciplines of education, advocacy, and clinical care, among others.
The conference goals are to:
- Increase knowledge, communication skills and respectful attitudes towards Latinos living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C.
- Increase awareness of the cultural and social barriers faced by Latinos in seeking/receiving treatment, care, and prevention services for HIV and Hepatitis C.
- Increase understanding of the disproportionate impact HIV and Hepatitis C infection rates have among Latino communities.
- Increase ability to develop culturally tailored medical practices and interventions that support Latino patients in achieving viral suppression.
- Increase capacity of organizations to provide services that are both health equitable and health literate.